Blaine County Recreation District’s Aquatic Center in Hailey offers swim lessons and aquatic fitness classes, swim team for ages 5-18, adult lap swimming, stroke clinics and open recreational swimming.
The first session of the popular Swim School begins Monday, June 10.
Regular-season schedule is Friday, June 7, through Sunday, Aug. 18. The Aquatic Center has a 25-yard, 6-lane pool and a kiddie pool with spray feature, an in-pool log roller and climbing wall, plus a snack bar and playground.
Open swim hours are Mondays through Fridays from 1:35-5:30 p.m., along with Saturdays from 11:45 a.m. through 6 p.m., and Sundays from 11:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Visit bcrd.org for details or contact BCRD at 208-578-2273 or 208-788-2144 (Aquatic Center) starting Monday, May 13.
SEASON PASSES ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE
- Season passes—Purchase through June 2 and save money. Pre-season discount rates (6 percent sales tax not included) are $154 family, $80 for adults 18-61, $66 for youth 17 and under, $66 for seniors 62 and over. Regular season prices starting June 3 are $183 family, $94 adult, $78 youth and $78 senior.
DAY PASS FEES
- $4 for youths ages 1-17; $5 for adults ages 18-61; $4 for seniors 62 and up; and $15 for families (2 adults, 2 kids). Monthly pass fees are $66 family, $34 adult, $28 youth and $28 senior.
REGISTRATION FOR LESSONS AND SWIM TEAM
- Begins Monday, May 13. Register in person at the Aquatic Center beginning Monday, May 13, so children can be placed in the appropriate level.
WOOD RIVER DOLPHINS SWIM TEAM
Watch your child’s swimming take off with proper form and conditioning while having fun with friends.
- Dates, days—June 10 through July 22; Mondays through Fridays, plus 4 swim meets, all at home.
- l What ages can join? Ages 5-18 (should be able to swim a length of the pool).
- Youth stroke clinics: Tuesday through Friday, May 28-31, from 4:15-5:15 p.m. Cost $30 for a 4-day session, or $10 per day.
- Optional preseason workouts: Monday through Friday, June 3-7 from 4:15-5:15 p.m., for Dolphin team members.
- Regular season workouts: Starting Monday, June 10, from 7:15-8:10 a.m. for 11-and-older, and 8:10-9:05 a.m. for 10-and-under.
- Fee—$175.30 (includes sales tax) covers all training/coaching, swim meet entries and team swim cap.
Offered are 5 two-week sessions during the summer. Skill-based, leveled group sessions are offered in two-week sessions, with 30-minute classes.
- Days—Mondays through Thursdays.
- Sessions—Session 1 is June 10-20; Session 2 is June 24 to July 5 (no lesson July 4); Session 3 is July 8-18; Session 4 is July 22 to Aug. 1; Session 5 is from Aug. 5-15. Classes are 30 minutes long.
- Eligibility—Ages 6 months to 12 years.
- Times—Classes at 10:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 11:15 a.m. or 11:45 a.m.
- Class levels—From Mommy, Daddy and Me (6 months to 2 years) to group lessons for ages 3-12. Children are placed in groups based on ages and ability. Groups start at Starfish (first-time swimmers) and range from Minnows, Jellyfish, Goldfish, Beta and Sting Rays all the way to Sharks (swim the length of the pool). The instructor-to-student ratio is 4-to-1 for group lessons.
- Fee—$42 per session, first come, first served. Scholarships are available thanks to Atkinsons’ Market.
- Registration—Starts Monday, May 13, at the Blaine County Aquatic Center pool. People can also register by phone 208-578-5456 to get their child placed in the proper swim group.
- Private and semiprivate lessons: For youth and adults. Schedule lessons at the Aquatic Center front desk. Clinics are also available for youths and adults by appointment. Inquire by emailing Samantha Sutton firstname.lastname@example.org.