A white Bengal tiger underwent a successful surgery at the Sun Valley Animal Center, south of Ketchum, on March 6, for a fractured femur. Sun Valley Animal Center veterinarian Randy Acker joined a team of other doctors from Blaine County, Bozeman, Mont., and St. Alphonsus hospital in Boise to repair the leg of Shekinah, a tiger belonging to illusionist Jay Owenhouse. Shekinah had fractured her leg falling from an icy spot inside her pen in Montana, where Owenhouse lives. “The St. Alphonsus group brought a human pin for the femur because veterinary medicine does not have one big enough for her,” said Betsy Kauder, general manager of the Sun Valley Animal Center. “So far, Shekinah is doing fine.”
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Culinary Institute scheduled to open its doors end of March
- ‘Lean and mean,’ Mountain Humane gets back on track
- Vote for your Woman of the Year
- Haulin’ and fallin’ in love
- Bellevue gets ‘aggressive’ on area of city impact
- A love story blooms in the outdoors
- Boise man arrested following two-vehicle accident
- Sun Valley honors firefighters
- Inventory ‘tight’ for low-end homes
- Karen Davis (Scheurmier)