Team Wood gears up for the start of the 16th annual Turkey Trot fun run in Hailey on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28. “Despite the bad weather, more than 500 brave runners and walkers showed up to support the fun run,” said Mike McKenna, executive director of The Chamber of Hailey & the Wood River Valley, which hosted the popular event. Nearly knee-deep snow prompted organizers to change the usual 5k course from the Draper Preserve to the streets of Hailey. “People embraced the snowy conditions,” McKenna said. “We waited until the last minute to mark the course in the streets because the snow was too deep at the preserve, and we were excited to have people from a dozen states participate.” The money raised helps to support other free events in Hailey.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Boise man dies after skiing accident
- Ketchum Tribute hotel makes strides
- INL wants dialogue with Wood River Valley
- Dream of a white Thanksgiving is fulfilled
- Sun Valley preps for ‘Epic’ season
- Hailey woman faces 2nd excessive DUI charge
- P&Z approves 116-unit Sweetwater plan
- French coach Michel Rudigoz brought fame to U.S. team
- Fiber line proposed for Warm Springs
- Alleged dispute leads to felony arrest