With a forecast high temperature of 51 degrees in Ketchum it may be hard to believe, but today is the first day of summer. The summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere occurs when the sun is directly over the Tropic of Cancer, or 23.5 degrees north latitude. That will occur at 9:54 a.m. Mountain Time. For many residents and visitors in the Wood River Valley, summer is the time to go biking. The two cyclists pictured above were enjoying the wildflowers along the Harriman Trail north of Ketchum earlier this week. For a rundown of summer activities offered by Sun Valley Resort, see Page 3.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Security tight as annual conference brings in billionaires
- Sentence: 348 days in jail for driver in crash that killed Bellevue woman
- Business meets play in Allen conference
- BCSD committee considers replacing Hailey Elementary
- Two vehicle-vs.-bicyclist accidents reported
- Marriott hotel scheduled to break ground this summer in Hailey
- Former Sun Valley Mayor Lieder dies
- Hailey annexation developments get slow starts
- Ballet attendees were rude
- Stars to descend on Sun Valley for Allen & Co. event