Rider Whitni Ciofalo, aboard her horse Gulliver, pulls skier Cam Fraser to victory Saturday in the prestigious Open Division in the two-day annual Wood River Extreme Skijoring Association race. Their recorded time on Saturday was an extremely fast and clean 15.4 seconds on the course at Swiftsure Ranch, south of Bellevue. While skies were overcast in the north valley, it was a bluebird day for the event to the south. Between riders and skiers, more than 50 competitors participated in five divisions. Conditions were soft but many contenders successfully negotiated the course. Express photo by Willy Cook
- Sheriff: Bonners Ferry police chief killed Boise man in Custer County shooting
- The Roundup: Monday, Aug. 10
- Ketchum hotel has three weeks to show progress
- The Roundup: Wednesday, Aug. 12
- Bear’s death sparks outcry
- Questions remain in Custer County shooting involving off-duty officer
- Wildfire tops 2,100 acres near Fairfield
- The Roundup: Tuesday, Aug. 11
- Future of Warm Springs Ranch takes shape—slowly
- BLM proposes new south-county trails
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.