A herd of elk found some fast food at the Sun Valley Stables on Saturday, Feb. 8, dining on hay alongside the horses. During winter, elk typically venture to the valley floor in search of forage. This year’s light snow—less than 80 percent of average basinwide—has opened up hillside pastures rarely seen in February. But that doesn’t mean the elk won’t take an easy meal when they can find it—and they don’t mind four-legged company.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Ketchum man indicted on 10 counts of wire fraud
- Ketchum man charged with wire fraud
- Fugitive returned to Montana to face felony charge
- Sun Valley couple quarantined in Cambodia
- Culinary Institute scheduled to open its doors end of March
- Boise man arrested following two-vehicle accident
- Airport eyes expansion, improvement projects
- ‘Lean and mean,’ Mountain Humane gets back on track
- Bill could change who pays for Idaho Power line
- Steve Miller Band books July concert