While skiers on Baldy bundled up against the winter weather, five hearty souls made up the 2020 local Polar Bear Club by jumping into the Big Wood River on the first day of the new year. The air temperature was not as frigid as in some years. Bryant Dunn, the local polar president and the first to hit the water this year, has jumped for the past 26 years at the big rock swimming hole off Warm Springs Road and recounted chilling stories of jumps from previous years.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Local officials consider mask requirement
- Idaho to remain in Stage 4 of coronavirus rebound plan
- Forest Service proceeds on Stanley-Redfish trail
- The Roundup: Friday, June 26
- Health District: Visitors don’t factor in Blaine County COVID-19 rate
- The Roundup: Monday, June 29
- Nonprofit rescues over 1,000 trout in Bellevue
- Sheep bands could pose hazard to hikers and bikers
- Hailey council to discuss mask resolution, budget
- Idaho lawmakers protest governor’s coronavirus response