Elk cautiously graze in a field south of Bellevue on a snowy morning Monday, Dec. 23. When alarmed, elk typically open their eyes wide, raise their heads high and pivot their ears to listen. The Idaho Department of Fish & Game is trying to reduce elk populations in southern Blaine County and the surrounding area to decrease depredation on agricultural fields. Hunting in the area ended on Dec. 7.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Culinary Institute scheduled to open its doors end of March
- ‘Lean and mean,’ Mountain Humane gets back on track
- Vote for your Woman of the Year
- Haulin’ and fallin’ in love
- Bellevue gets ‘aggressive’ on area of city impact
- A love story blooms in the outdoors
- Boise man arrested following two-vehicle accident
- Sun Valley honors firefighters
- Inventory ‘tight’ for low-end homes
- Karen Davis (Scheurmier)