Auctioneer Greg Quiroga and volunteers, from left, Maggie Shafran, Gardner Cord and Andie Guran showcase lot No. 19, Atkinsons’ Mount Heyburn and the Stunning Sawtooths Collection on Friday at Carol’s Lodge for the annual Sun Valley Wine Auction and Gala. Opening bid started at $8,000. “It’s one of the most important things for me to support,” said Carol Swig, this year’s Sun Valley Wine Auction chairwoman. “Without the arts, our lives would be black and white.” Swig purchased a trip to New Orleans and made a large donation to the Sun Valley Center for the Arts. Peter Burke, Wine Auction director and special events manager said, “The annual Wine Auction weekend was a great success with friends old and new. The arts are alive and well in the Wood River Valley, and that we owe to our community.”
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Planned hotel faces opposition
- Ronald Geuin
- Juan Martinez and Sam Linnet seek Hailey City Council seats
- Finding could expand Indians’ land claims
- Sticker shock halts Hailey Elementary replacement
- Hailey Gets Muralized
- A hissin’ homecoming
- Hailey business held steady for ‘short’ summer
- Superintendent: Despite drop-off, school year is ‘settling in nicely’