Members of Bellevue Elementary School’s 5th-grade Cub Council leadership group co-mingle with stuffed bears collected for the school’s Bear Hugs Valentine’s Day assembly on Feb. 14. The gift of a teddy bear can help alleviate stress, and at the assembly, they’ll be distributed primarily to groups that represent children involved in crisis situations. St. Luke’s, the Bellevue Marshal’s Office, The Advocates, the Silver Creek High School daycare and The Cove of Cascadia, formerly Bell Mountain Village and Care Center, are all recipients. So far, 120 bears have been collected and another 50 are on the way. The school is still collecting bears and thanks the generous Bellevue businesses that donated them.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Ketchum man indicted on 10 counts of wire fraud
- Ketchum man charged with wire fraud
- Fugitive returned to Montana to face felony charge
- Sun Valley couple quarantined in Cambodia
- Culinary Institute scheduled to open its doors end of March
- Boise man arrested following two-vehicle accident
- Airport eyes expansion, improvement projects
- ‘Lean and mean,’ Mountain Humane gets back on track
- Bill could change who pays for Idaho Power line
- Steve Miller Band books July concert