Ernest Hemingway STEAM School students and teacher Laura Barnhardt begin their journey to pick up trash in Ketchum during the Environmental Resource Center’s 25th annual Clean Sweep on Saturday, May 4. More than 200 people volunteered to pick up trash from areas throughout the Wood River Valley. Shown, from left, are: Kendra Nunez Salinas, Skye Pringle, Barnhardt, Steven Salas, Taylor Brown, Skip Ayllon, Anna Koonce, and Juan Diaz Rojas in the background. “It was awesome to see all the kids take ownership and cleaning up around the community,” Barnhardt said. “Our most unique item found was a top air vent to a camper.” KB’s and Mahoney’s provided free lunch for the volunteers. ERC Program Director Alisa McGowan said volunteers picked up 150 bags of trash.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Single-vehicle rollover with injuries reported
- New Ketchum budget would keep firefighter positions
- Bears raid north-valley neighborhoods
- Family and individuals worldwide mourn death of 3 children
- 5 felonies charged after fatal crash kills 3 children
- Downtown renovation receives thumbs up from Ketchum P&Z
- Anthony Santacruz
- Elderly couple rescued north of Ketchum
- Land Trust nears goal to purchase 118 acres in Croy Canyon
- Felony charge filed over alleged bar fight