Sun Valley Resort turned on its snow guns on Bald Mountain and Dollar Mountain this weekend, giving Mother Nature a helping hand en route to the resort’s targeted opening day. As usual, the resort plans to kick off this year’s ski and snowboard season on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26, on Baldy, though Dollar will open a little later. The weekend’s cooler temperatures helped some of the snow—both real and artificial—stick. With warmer temperatures forecasted for the beginning of November, though, the snow guns may have their work cut out for them.
- Hotel developer seeks $100 million in damages from Ketchum
- The Roundup: Monday, Nov. 30
- Melissa Robin Roemer
- County tracking COVID-19 outbreaks at nursing homes
- The Roundup: Wednesday, Dec. 2
- The Roundup: Tuesday, Dec. 1
- In Lincoln County, commissioners and only doctor disagree on virus response
- James P. Kjelland
- Mynde Heil appointed Bellevue marshal
- The Roundup: Thursday, Dec. 3
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.