Makenzie Coles, granddaughter of former Ketchum Mayor Guy Coles, and her baby Huxley cut the ribbon Tuesday on a new sign at the Guy Coles Skate Park, which was developed in the 1990s after a challenge issued by her grandfather. Members of the Ketchum “scooter” community have raised concerns over the prohibition of scooters at the skate park near the YMCA. They and representatives of the skateboard community held several meetings to determine rules allowing the two activities to take place at the park without conflict. Scooters are prohibited at the skate park after 5 p.m. The new sign outlines rules and reminds all users to wear helmets, ride respectfully and keep the area clean. It also provides a history of the park and a timeline of its creation.
- Allen & Co. guest list confirmed
- Amid drought, Magic Reservoir shuts months early
- Affordable apartment building to open in Hailey
- Ketchum leaders ponder housing solutions
- Hailey Police: Car break-ins are on the rise
- Croy Campground deliberations to continue in Hailey
- The comeback continues for hospitality industry
- ‘In honor of Alex, I will …’
- F&G seeks feedback on new wolf-cull law
- County’s COVID-19 indicators drop to zero
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.