Three generations of the Studer family made the trip from Rupert to take advantage of last Saturday’s Free Fishing Day at Penny Lake. The annual event takes place on the second Saturday in June, courtesy of the Idaho Department of Fish and Game. Penny Lake, located just off Warm Springs Road west of Ketchum, is a prime spot to catch rainbow trout. The cooler weather from the weekend didn’t deter attendance, attracting fishermen from across Idaho and Utah.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Hailey to require masks
- Earthquakes leave their mark in the Sawtooths
- Valley real estate market booms in pandemic
- ‘Concerned’ commissioners pass mask resolution
- Ketchum passes mask mandate
- The Roundup: Friday, July 3
- Sun Valley, Bellevue pass mask resolutions
- Community spread fuels rise in COVID-19 cases
- The Roundup: Monday, July 6
- F&G: Mountain lion in Ketchum ‘not a threat’