The staff at Hailey Elementary School arranged for eight area veterans to address students Thursday morning in honor of the holiday—and the guests of honor didn’t leave empty handed. The kids presented the presenters with goodie bags and cards, like the ones seen here, thanking them for their service. (These cards, as well as the dog tags pictured, belong to Express Photographer Willy Cook—an U.S. Air Force vet—who, covering the assembly, brought the veteran contingent to nine.) “Dear veteran,” one student wrote in a card gifted to Cook, “Thank you for your service and sacrifice to our world.” Express photo by Willy Cook
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- With new leader, Sun Valley Resort aims to nurture the ‘magic’
- On Baldy, the ‘sun’ also rises
- Sun Valley Resort delays Dollar Mountain opening
- Ketchum residents challenge Bluebird Village approval
- Cutting mountains down to molehills: Kim Schneider reflects on his career
- Hailey man arrested on felony attempted strangulation
- Hailey Council OKs uncovered parking at Blaine Manor
- Finding your edge: A beginner's guide to skiing Sun Valley
- Can the valley handle a population surge?
- At the Sawtooth Avalanche Center, Ethan Davis keeps an eye on the slopes