For the past 28 years, Scooter Carling, right, has organized and prepared breakfast for the Sun Valley Ski Patrol on the closing day of Bald Mountain. Carling’s group cooked for approximately 200 people this Sunday, feeding patrollers, mountain staff and members of the ski community. “This is an appreciation breakfast for the Sun Valley Ski Patrol for the outstanding job they do,” Carling said, adding a big thank you to the donors and volunteers that backed the event. The food was free, but people were encouraged to make a donation. This year, $1,500 was raised and those proceeds are going to the Blaine County Suicide Prevention Task Force in the name of the Sun Valley Ski Patrol. Also pictured are volunteers Eric Brown and Bill Nagel, left and center left, and Ski Patroller Dave Bell.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Hailey man arraigned on grand theft, fraud charges
- Multiple fire agencies battle south-county barn fire
- Bellevue mayor investigating 'unpermitted' trailer park
- Years on, Ketchum lawsuit awaits Idaho Supreme Court verdict
- Sun Valley makes an 'Epic' switch for 2022-23
- Alan James Reynolds
- Hailey approves 5G permit with little fanfare
- ‘All hands on deck’
- Peter Steil
- Jennifer Hazen Whitaker (Poe)