Two Ketchum firefighters, dressed as singer Axl Rose and guitarist Slash from the rock band Guns N’ Roses, get in the spirit at the Limelight Hotel in Ketchum on Saturday night during the 40th annual Firefighters’ Ball. The theme was “Welcome to the Jungle,” one of the band’s popular songs from the 1980s. A silent auction kicked off the colorful fundraiser, with the band Lounge on Fire providing upbeat music for the dancing crowd. All proceeds of the event benefit the Ketchum Sun Valley Volunteer Firefighters Association. Keller Gibson, ball co-coordinator and an EMT and engineer for the cities of Ketchum and Sun Valley, said 275 tickets were sold online and 30 more were sold at the door. There were 350 people in attendance and the silent auction raised more than $8,000.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Boise man dies after skiing accident
- Ketchum Tribute hotel makes strides
- Outfitter files to join county against Flying Heart
- County mulls future of Imperial Gulch
- INL wants dialogue with Wood River Valley
- Hailey woman faces 2nd excessive DUI charge
- Dream of a white Thanksgiving is fulfilled
- P&Z approves 116-unit Sweetwater plan
- Skiers To Get a ‘Warm’ Welcome This Weekend