A painted gondola makes its way up Bald Mountain as the summer season there winds to a close on Sunday. That means no more gondola rides to The Roundhouse, or Christmas lift trips to the top. But trails will stay open—and, starting Monday, the River Run Trail will become multidirectional. Hikers and bikers can expect a few closures, though: The Bald Mountain Trail is closed Saturday for the Full Tilt Enduro Mountain Bike Race, and the Cold Springs Trail is shut down until further notice while work continues on the surrounding forest, resort spokeswoman Kelli Lusk said. As for the lifts? Next stop, Thanksgiving. Ski season is scheduled to open on Thursday, Nov. 28.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Ketchum family devastated by loss
- Marriott Tribute hotel developer addresses public concerns
- Sun Valley police address coyote issues
- Hailey prohibits hands-on cell phone use while cycling
- Hailey man dies after Sunday crash
- Warm Springs Ranch set to be sold
- A different kind of bond
- Ketchum boy, 6, breaks Idaho climbing record
- Elk hunt is wrong
- Sun Valley hires assistant city planner