A painted gondola makes its way up Bald Mountain as the summer season there winds to a close on Sunday. That means no more gondola rides to The Roundhouse, or Christmas lift trips to the top. But trails will stay open—and, starting Monday, the River Run Trail will become multidirectional. Hikers and bikers can expect a few closures, though: The Bald Mountain Trail is closed Saturday for the Full Tilt Enduro Mountain Bike Race, and the Cold Springs Trail is shut down until further notice while work continues on the surrounding forest, resort spokeswoman Kelli Lusk said. As for the lifts? Next stop, Thanksgiving. Ski season is scheduled to open on Thursday, Nov. 28.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Planned hotel faces opposition
- Ronald Geuin
- Juan Martinez and Sam Linnet seek Hailey City Council seats
- Finding could expand Indians’ land claims
- Sticker shock halts Hailey Elementary replacement
- A hissin’ homecoming
- Hailey Gets Muralized
- Hailey business held steady for ‘short’ summer
- Superintendent: Despite drop-off, school year is ‘settling in nicely’