A painted gondola makes its way up Bald Mountain as the summer season there winds to a close on Sunday. That means no more gondola rides to The Roundhouse, or Christmas lift trips to the top. But trails will stay open—and, starting Monday, the River Run Trail will become multidirectional. Hikers and bikers can expect a few closures, though: The Bald Mountain Trail is closed Saturday for the Full Tilt Enduro Mountain Bike Race, and the Cold Springs Trail is shut down until further notice while work continues on the surrounding forest, resort spokeswoman Kelli Lusk said. As for the lifts? Next stop, Thanksgiving. Ski season is scheduled to open on Thursday, Nov. 28.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Culinary Institute scheduled to open its doors end of March
- ‘Lean and mean,’ Mountain Humane gets back on track
- Vote for your Woman of the Year
- Haulin’ and fallin’ in love
- Bellevue gets ‘aggressive’ on area of city impact
- A love story blooms in the outdoors
- Boise man arrested following two-vehicle accident
- Sun Valley honors firefighters
- Inventory ‘tight’ for low-end homes
- Karen Davis (Scheurmier)