Motorcycle riders raised $9,500 during the 27th annual Toy Run for the Sun Valley Board of Realtors’ Holiday Basket program--more than $1,500 over last year’s total. Seventy-five motorcycles rolled down the valley from Grumpy’s in Ketchum to the Silver Dollar Saloon in Bellevue on Sept. 7. On Wednesday, representatives from the Toy Run presented a real check along with a facsimile for $9,500 to Sun Valley Realtors Give, the agency that handles the holiday baskets and their distribution. From left, Tiffany Cross, Diane Walker, Lark Smith, Brandee Smith, Ellie Powell and Francisco Herrera took part in the presentation. Brandee Smith, Sun Valley Realtors Give’s executive director, talked about the importance of this money: “This $9,500 represents approximately one-third of our operating budget. The dedication these women give to the Toy Run and the generosity of the community continues to inspire us and make the Holiday Basket program possible.” Distribution day for the holiday baskets will be Dec. 14 at the Community Campus in Hailey.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Boise man dies after skiing accident
- Ketchum Tribute hotel makes strides
- Outfitter files to join county against Flying Heart
- County mulls future of Imperial Gulch
- INL wants dialogue with Wood River Valley
- Hailey woman faces 2nd excessive DUI charge
- Dream of a white Thanksgiving is fulfilled
- P&Z approves 116-unit Sweetwater plan
- Skiers To Get a ‘Warm’ Welcome This Weekend