Local volunteers worked together to collect Thanksgiving food bags for families in need at the Blaine County Recreation District gym in Hailey on Monday. Rachel Shin, program manager for The Hunger Coalition, said that over a span of about two hours, about 50 volunteers assembled 350 Thanksgiving baskets. Shin said the nonprofit organization Higher Ground picked up 400 turkeys at Albertsons, and Albertsons helped gather donations to provide about 30 percent of the food. She said volunteer Starr Weekes worked with local students to bake 325 homemade pumpkin pies. “I’m happy to volunteer with the agents of Coldwell Banker/Distinctive Properties to help families in need during the holidays,” real estate agent Heidi Hogan said. Shin also said the Sage School in Hailey obtained 1,600 pounds of donated food from 22 local businesses.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Boise man dies after skiing accident
- Ketchum Tribute hotel makes strides
- Outfitter files to join county against Flying Heart
- County mulls future of Imperial Gulch
- INL wants dialogue with Wood River Valley
- Hailey woman faces 2nd excessive DUI charge
- Dream of a white Thanksgiving is fulfilled
- P&Z approves 116-unit Sweetwater plan
- Skiers To Get a ‘Warm’ Welcome This Weekend