The Sun Valley Tour de Force took over state Highway 75 Saturday, with super cars and enthusiastic drivers opening up the throttle on Phantom Hill—including Ted Taormina and his 1966 Shelby Daytona, seen here with the Boulder Mountains looking on. Taormina topped out at 168.53 mph—fast, but not quite the 221.67 mph hit by Rolf Hirschman in his 2020 Ferrari F8 Tributo. The event, which raises money for The Hunger Coalition, "far surpassed the fundraising success of all previous years," said co-founder Whitney Werth Slade. "The weekend was incredible!" she said.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- South-county crash leaves 3 injured, one in critical condition
- Hop Porter Park in Hailey dries out due to miscommunication
- North Fork campsites closed due to bear encounters
- Hailey leaders oppose Sunbeam redesign plans
- First day of school pushed back to Sept. 1
- After delay, Sun Valley leaders ratify Festival Meadow contract
- Sunbeam developer seeks 15-unit reduction
- Jonathan Michael Myers
- County, Valley cities consider e-bike regulations, violations
- Chris Cord