Unusual visitors graced Hailey last Sunday as camels, donkeys, Magi and angels brought the biblical story of the first Christmas to life. For several years now, The Life Church on River Street has put on this live performance to welcome the holiday season the the Wood River Valley. Carolers greeted the audience as they arrived and took their seats on hay bales. Then, under falling snow, narrator Dick Williams began to weave the tale. Little angels and shepherds, dressed in homemade costumes, joined Mary and Joseph as they welcomed Baby Jesus, played this year by Journey Ward. Vanessa Gibbs directed the performance, which featured homemade costumes from Lindi Lewallan and camels and donkeys provided by Camels R Fun of Idaho Falls.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- COVID spread is ‘uncontrolled’ in Blaine County, expert says
- Partners plan to redevelop Perry’s building, adjacent Ketchum lots
- New mixed-use building proposed for central Ketchum
- Idaho is Anthony Doerr's 'Cloud Cuckoo Land'
- Blaine County’s COVID-19 risk level raised to ‘critical’
- New Year’s street fight leads to two felony charges
- Idaho’s COVID surge ‘to get worse,’ strain hospitals, health director says
- Should Ketchum be harder on hotel developers?
- Blaine County Housing Authority director resigns
- Prosecutor: No charges in deadly Highway 75 collision