Bryce Bennett strung together a strong super-G run and a solid slalom run to score 16th in the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships alpine combined event. Marco Schwarz of Austria, the current best slalom skier in the world, took the gold—making Austria three-for-three in world titles so far in the 2021 World Championships in Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy. France’s Alexis Pinturault—who was the favorite coming into the day—made a small error in the middle of the slalom and ended up second, just .04 seconds behind Schwarz. Loic Meillard of Switzerland took bronze.
- Snowmobiler dies in Smiley Creek slide
- Ketchum leaders put stamp on Tribute Hotel decision
- The Roundup: Friday, Feb. 19
- Three finalists set for Valley Woman vote
- Reconciling the man and the myth: Ken Burns and Sarah Botstein talk Hemingway
- The Roundup: Monday, Feb. 22
- The Roundup: Tuesday, Feb. 23
- The Roundup: Wednesday, Feb. 24
- Hailey council to discuss Croy land-use, Idaho Power agreement
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.