Kids of all ages kicked off the festivities of the Boulder Mountain Tour weekend with a low-key—and lower-stakes—ski around the empty Simplot lot in Ketchum during the NordicTown USA Sprints on Thursday. With varying degrees of seriousness, kids from the Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation, everyday civilians—the “regs and dregs”—and the elite racers who would challenge for the top spot during the big race on Saturday made passes of the 400-meter oval. Fast or slow, for most it ended the same way: with a beer—or, age-appropriate hot cocoa—and a bonfire to welcome the weekend.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Emboldened critics raise call to fire BCSD superintendent
- USGS takes new measurements of Big Wood flows
- Memorial Service Held For Local Firefighter
- School board removes Clayton as chairman
- BCSD, ex-employee settle out of court
- Valley mourns the loss of 3 beloved residents
- Wildflowers Light Up Wood River Valley
- Peter and Sally Jarvis
- Fatal Timmerman accident case heads for jury trial
- New Ketchum fire station site proposed