The Wood River Middle School boys’ varsity soccer team won the Magic Valley Athletic Conference championship Saturday with 7-1 wins over West Minico of Paul and the 2-1 championship game finish over Robert Stuart of Twin Falls. Unbeaten Wood River (11-0-1) outscored opponents 45-4 over the course of the fall season with a strong defensive effort and powerful offense. Here, the Wood River team celebrates its title. Front row, from left, Chris Lizarraga, Esteban Murillo, Jose Villaneuva, Roberto Estrada, Jack Tierney, Jack Bulls, Santana Ubence, Garin Beste, Elliott Burks, Ben Torres and Owen Walker. Standing, from left, are sideline manager Tony Ambriz, Freddy Ambriz, Miguel Rangel, Brian Virgen, Christopher Loayza, Giovanni Cardenas, Conrad Foster, Kyle Miller, Oliver Mullen, West Gardner, coach Dan Vanden Heuvel, Michael Macha Inca and Brandon Marroquin. Not shown are Julian Villicana, Edgar Enriquez and coach William da Silva.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Election results: Ketchum passes fire bond as millennials rule in Hailey
- Electrical fire claims Bellevue home
- Argyros honors Linda Ronstadt with double bill
- Judge: Former teacher can take School District to trial
- Culinary institute coming to fruition
- Re-vote pending in Ketchum Rural race
- Wendell man sentenced to prison for sixth DUI
- Former sheriff to face jury trial Nov. 19
- BCSD is pulling a ‘bait and switch’
- Hailey challengers Martinez and Linnet take City Council seats