Dollar Mountain lit up with the annual torchlight parade and fireworks display on Christmas Eve. Though many holiday traditions were absent this year, the Sun Valley Resort made sure to keep this one alive. Austrian ski instructors held the first torchlight parade at the resort in 1937, and the event has been going strong each year since then. The 80th annual ski season has now been underway at Sun Valley for more than month, with lifts now running on both Bald and Dollar Mountains. On Tuesday, the resort announced it will be releasing more day tickets for guests between now and Jan. 2 for both Dollar and Baldy. Skiers are urged to purchase passes in advance at sunvalley.com.
- Reconciling the man and the myth: Ken Burns and Sarah Botstein talk Hemingway
- Remembering a ‘go-to guy’
- Three finalists set for Valley Woman vote
- Warm Springs Ranch plan clears first hurdle
- Snowmobiler dies in Smiley Creek slide
- The Roundup: Monday, Feb. 22
- Winter storm warning issued for Sun Valley, Sawtooths
- The Roundup: Wednesday, Feb. 24
- The Roundup: Tuesday, Feb. 23
- All Hail Crazy Karl!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.