Stanley photographer Gary Gadwa captured this ermine peeping out of the snow last week in the Sawtooth Valley’s Fourth of July Creek drainage. Also known as “stoats,” ermines sport sandy brown fur in the summer and adopt all-white coats in the winter as a camouflage aid. These predatory weasels are known to take down hares up to five times their size.
- Wolves lost endangered species protection this year. Idaho may offer a glimpse of what’s ahead for them nationwide.
- Skier dead after Bald Mountain accident
- Hailey eyes first-ever campground out Croy Canyon
- St. Luke’s, Health District commencing vaccine clinics
- The Roundup: Tuesday, Jan. 12
- The Roundup: Wednesday, Jan. 13
- The Roundup: Thursday, Jan. 14
- Sunshine Townhomes plan gets green light
- Little accelerates statewide rollout of COVID-19 vaccine
- Express asks readers to subscribe for online news
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.