With a backdrop of Bald Mountain sporting a few ribbons of white, a snowcat works last weekend to spread man-made snow at Dollar Mountain in preparation for its opening on Dec. 13. Bald Mountain will open Thanksgiving Day with four lifts—River Run, Lookout Express, Christmas and the Roundhouse Gondola—operating on the River Run side of the mountain. One run—Upper College—will be open from the top, with skier traffic spreading farther down onto Lower College, Mid River Run, Roundhouse Slope and Lower Canyon. The Kinderspielplatz lift and slope will also be open. Sun Valley Resort stated Tuesday that other runs may be open if snow conditions permit. Snow is in the forecast for today, Nov. 27, with snow showers predicted for Thursday and Friday. Sun Valley said the first eight people in line at the base of River Run on Thursday will receive a special jersey and a gift.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Boise man dies after skiing accident
- Ketchum Tribute hotel makes strides
- Outfitter files to join county against Flying Heart
- County mulls future of Imperial Gulch
- INL wants dialogue with Wood River Valley
- Hailey woman faces 2nd excessive DUI charge
- Dream of a white Thanksgiving is fulfilled
- P&Z approves 116-unit Sweetwater plan
- Skiers To Get a ‘Warm’ Welcome This Weekend
- Alleged dispute leads to felony arrest