A skier glides to glory during the 2017 Dollar Dayz event in Sun Valley. With the official start of spring next week, there’s still more than a month of skiing left in the 2018-19 season. Sun Valley Resort on Thursday updated closing dates previously reported by the Idaho Mountain Express—and, if the snowpack cooperates, it plans to wrap the season on Easter Sunday, April 21. That’s when the resort plans to close the Warm Springs base area of Bald Mountain to conclude the 2018-19 ski season, according to spokeswoman Kelli Lusk. River Run access will close on Sunday, April 7, but the resort currently plans to reopen that access Friday, Saturday and Sunday, April 12-14. The Dollar Mountain season will end with Dollar Dayz and the annual pond skim on Sunday, March 31. All dates are weather-dependent, Lusk said. As of Thursday, she expected the resort to keep the Warm Springs side open continuously until the 21st. “Right now, it’s my understanding that we’ll be open all the way through,” she said.
Class of 2020
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Rattlesnake encounters are possible in south valley
- Former sheriff sentenced to minimum of 14 years in prison
- Brenda Anne Douglas
- Big Wood River hits record low
- Hailey clears two summer events
- Women of the woods
- Coronavirus Roundup: Friday, May 22
- Fairfield man pleads guilty in crash that killed three
- As cluster testing begins, COVID-19 cases are likely to rise
- Coronavirus Roundup: Tuesday, May 26