It may be cloaked in its white wig now, but Sun Valley plans to open Bald Mountain for lift-served mountain biking on the first official day of summer: June 21, 2019. That’s also the opening day of Outerbike, an expansive three-day demo fair and bike festival, which makes its Sun Valley debut this year. Perimeter trails will follow on July 1, once restrictions to protect elk calving lift. In its 23 years of lift service, the resort has maintained more than 10 miles of trails on Baldy, serving up some 3,000 feet of descent.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Emboldened critics raise call to fire BCSD superintendent
- USGS takes new measurements of Big Wood flows
- Memorial Service Held For Local Firefighter
- School board removes Clayton as chairman
- BCSD, ex-employee settle out of court
- Valley mourns the loss of 3 beloved residents
- Wildflowers Light Up Wood River Valley
- Peter and Sally Jarvis
- Fatal Timmerman accident case heads for jury trial
- New Ketchum fire station site proposed