It was skim or swim on Dollar Mountain on Sunday, as skiers and riders—a few emboldened by another liquid—braved the Cold Bowl pond to end the area’s winter season in style. Dollar closed for the season following the Dollar Dayz party, which was highlighted by a DJ, prize giveaways and perfect spring corn on the hill. One peak over on Bald Mountain—the south side, including Seattle Ridge, the bowls and Cold Springs—also wrapped up the year Sunday. Those areas are now closed, with River Run to follow temporarily on Sunday, April 7. Weather permitting, it will reopen the following weekend, from April 12-14. Weather permitting, the Warm Springs side will keep running throughout, and will stay open a week later—it is set to close on Easter Sunday, April 21, putting a bow on the 2018-19 season. Until then, there’s plenty of time to send it off in style—and opportunities to celebrate, culminating in the annual Baldy Bash on Saturday, April 13.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Ketchum family devastated by loss
- Marriott Tribute hotel developer addresses public concerns
- Sun Valley police address coyote issues
- Hailey prohibits hands-on cell phone use while cycling
- Hailey man dies after Sunday crash
- Warm Springs Ranch set to be sold
- A different kind of bond
- Ketchum boy, 6, breaks Idaho climbing record
- Elk hunt is wrong
- Sun Valley hires assistant city planner