This 28-inch German brown trout is one of the largest trout taken on a dry fly on the Silver Creek Preserve, according to Peter DeBaun, a guide at Silver Creek Outfitters in Ketchum, pictured on left. The angler, local resident Dennis Hanggi, right, hooked and fought the fish just after noon on Saturday for close to half an hour and landed it a quarter mile from where it was first hooked. “What makes it interesting is that it was taken in very difficult conditions—in the middle of the day, no wind, on light 6x tippett and on a small dry fly, a size 18 sparkle dun,” Debaun said. He said the fish was released back into the creek.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Emboldened critics raise call to fire BCSD superintendent
- USGS takes new measurements of Big Wood flows
- Memorial Service Held For Local Firefighter
- School board removes Clayton as chairman
- BCSD, ex-employee settle out of court
- Valley mourns the loss of 3 beloved residents
- Wildflowers Light Up Wood River Valley
- Peter and Sally Jarvis
- Fatal Timmerman accident case heads for jury trial
- New Ketchum fire station site proposed