Fire and emergency medical services will be on the agenda in both Ketchum and Sun Valley on Monday afternoon.
The Ketchum City Council and the Sun Valley City Council will meet at the same time in their respective cities, at 4 p.m.
The Sun Valley City Council is holding a special meeting to discuss contracting with the Ketchum Rural Fire Protection District. The contract is worth $300,000.
The Ketchum City Council is holding its regular meeting, and the agenda includes extending the city’s existing contract with Ketchum Rural to Oct. 1, instead of the current June 28 expiration date. The council will also consider approving the newly crafted collective bargaining agreement with the union representing the city’s professional firefighters.
The council will also consider purchasing a new fire truck for $959,000 and establishing a new citizens committee to develop an approach for public outreach related to a November bond measure that would fund a new fire station.
The Ketchum agenda includes discussion on:
- Amending the development standards in the light-industrial districts.
- Acting on recommendations from the Ketchum Sustainability Advisory Committee.
- Selling the current city hall site on 480 East Ave., or use it for developing community housing.
- Proposed ebike regulations.
- And an update on the status of the city’s development agreement with hotel developer Jack Bariteau.