Blaine County groups earned $41,000 during the Idaho Community Foundation’s Southwest Regional grant cycle, the charity announced last week.
Ten local organizations were among the 115 that received a piece of the $369,000 doled out through the Idaho Community Foundation’s Forever Idaho Fund. Here’s a look at Blaine County’s beneficiaries:
- ·The Advocates for Survivors of Domestic Violence: $5,000 to buy window coverings and appliances for its new transitional housing apartments. The building will be open to victims of abuse and their children.
- ·Blaine County Education Foundation: $5,000 towards student fees for field trips and other extracurriculars.
- ·I Have a Dream Foundation—Idaho: $5,000 for after-school programs, tutoring and on-site counseling for students facing social challenges, such as bullying and discrimination.
- ·Blaine County Seniors Council.: $5,000 to support nutrition programs, including Meals on Wheels and the senior center’s cafeteria.
- ·Wood River Community YMCA: $5,000 for second-grade swim classes and water-safety instruction.
- ·NAMI Wood River Valley: $4,250 for the Bluebird Mental Health Support Group programs for middle- and high-schoolers.
- ·Environmental Resource Center: $3,750 for its Spring Exploration Series, which brings science to second- and third-graders, plus funding for its free, public Spring Science Series.
- ·Girls On The Run of the Wood River Valley: $3,750 towards need-based scholarships for third- through eighth-grade girls.
- ·The Crisis Hotline: $2,750 for “My Life Matters,” a suicide awareness and prevention program.
- ·Blaine County Recreation District: $1,698 to equipment for its aquatic programs.
The Idaho Community Foundation pools donations and distributes money to other nonprofits, schools and community groups across the state’s 44 counties. This year’s grant cycle focuses on homelessness, mental health, education, job readiness and access to services, according to Chief Communications and Marketing Officer Jennifer Kronberg. To learn more, go to their website.