Rotarun, Hailey’s hometown ski hill, went Hollywood this week when Portland,Ore.,-based Subjekt Productions picked the area to photograph and film new marketing material for next year’s lineup of K2 skis. Here, Wood River Valley native Wyatt Caldwell and Max Santeusanic prep Nathan Yant to capture skier Warner Nickerson, who flew in from Sweden for the shoot, on Wednesday afternoon. “They called me looking for a site,” said Scott McGrew, executive director of the Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation, which operates the hill “Through our small community, through networking, it all triangulated back to Rotarun. It just inspires the imagination about what’s possible out there.” The crew worked two five-hour sessions to get the right shots, according to McGrew. As for the skis? Wait and see—they’ll be out in September. “That’s government-level top secret,” he said.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Hailey to require masks
- Earthquakes leave their mark in the Sawtooths
- ‘Concerned’ commissioners pass mask resolution
- Valley real estate market booms in pandemic
- The Roundup: Friday, July 3
- Community spread fuels rise in COVID-19 cases
- Sun Valley, Bellevue pass mask resolutions
- The Roundup: Wednesday, July 1
- Hailey makes masks mandatory
- ‘So long’ from Formula Sports