The Bald Mountain Stewardship Project has made progress since resuming its tree-thinning work on Baldy in July. The project removes unhealthy tree strands from 920 acres of U.S. Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management land at the popular Sun Valley ski area. These efforts address forest health and reduce hazardous fuels on the mountain—a vital undertaking during wildfire season. The thinning process will be wrapping soon as the Sun Valley Company prepares for the oncoming ski season.
- Donald Trump Jr. met by supporters, protesters in Stanley visit
- The Roundup: Monday, Sept. 21
- Gavin James McDonald
- Sun Valley fleshes out winter plans
- Badger Fire approaches 100,000 acres; evacuation order in effect
- Health District removes county from risk level chart
- The Roundup: Tuesday, Sept. 22
- Record number of natural spawning salmon return to Pettit Lake
- Stennett, Parker kick off debate season
- WRHS staff, student test positive for COVID-19
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.