Bond for a Fairfield man, charged with five felonies following a car accident in August that killed three people, remains at $750,000 after a motion was denied on Tuesday for a reduction.

Matthew Richard Park, 45, is charged with three felony vehicular manslaughter charges and two charges of felony aggravated DUI, for allegedly causing a two-vehicle accident on Aug. 10 that left three sisters under the age of 7 dead and two adults severely injured. Park allegedly had a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.191 and 0.189 at the time of the accident. The legal limit is .08.

During the motion hearing, prosecuting attorney Matt Fredback called Greg Greenfield to testify on the stand. Greenfield was hired by the defense to conduct a DUI assessment on Park—an evaluation to determine if the defendant had an abuse or addition problem. Greenfield testified that the assessment is based on personal disclosure of prior history from the defendant, including any and all prior criminal history.

During the questioning, Fredback dropped a bombshell when he disclosed that the prosecution had discovered a 2009 misdemeanor DUI conviction from Alaska that Park had failed to disclose to Greenfield during the evaluation process.

According to court records from Alaska, Park pleaded guilty on Dec. 23, 2009, to a misdemeanor DUI charge from Aug. 23, 2009, in Valdez, Alaska.

Greenfield testified that in his 25 years of working as a therapist, this was one of the hardest interviews he’s ever had to conduct, and that both he and Park wept during the interview process.

Park’s defense attorney, Michael Kraynick, argued that Park would be able to better help in his own defense if he is released from jail, and that the case has been traumatic for everyone involved, but that should not be the only factor considered.

“We’re not trying to say this wasn’t a tragedy. What we’re trying to say is does this one thing define Mr. Park?”

Fifth District Judge Ned Williamson was not swayed.

“I am not inclined to change bail,” Williamson said following argument.

Park will likely remain in jail until his jury trial concludes, which is set to begin in February.

If convicted, Park could serve a maximum of 75 years in prison for the five felony charges.