Prices for residential real estate in Blaine County continue to climb, with Bellevue leading the way on a percentage basis, according to data provided by the Sun Valley Board of Realtors Association.
The information, collected by the association’s multiple listing service, covers single-family homes, condominiums, townhomes and duplexes.
The median sales price during Jan. 1 to Oct. 31 countywide was $480,000, up 8 percent over the same period last year.
Median sales prices by region were:
- Bellevue, $392,500, up 28 percent over 2018.
- Hailey, $365,000, up 4 percent.
- Ketchum, $807,500, up 17 percent.
- Sun Valley, $630,500, up 6 percent.
- Elkhorn, $421,500, up 8 percent.
- Warm Springs, $600,000, up 17 percent.
- North of Ketchum, $1,185,000, up 24 percent.
- South of Ketchum, $917,500, up 15 percent.
The number of homes sold during the month of October dropped a bit from October 2018, but those homes spent a lot less time on the market.
The data for October show that:
- Sixty-seven homes were sold, down 11 percent from October 2018.
- The average number of days on the market was 189, down 41 percent.
- The number of for-sale properties was 414, down 25 percent.
“With less than a few weeks away until Sun Valley’s winter season officially opens, we are excited about the Epic Pass being introduced here for the 2019-20 ski season,” Sun Valley Board of Realtors President Ned Burns said. “We hope to see an increase in tourism from other Epic Pass holders visiting the valley and how it affects our real estate market.”