Blaine County Recreation District Nordic passes are now on sale, with discounts through Nov. 24.
Adults can save $50 on BCRD trails by buying early, or $150 on a joint BCRD/Sun Valley ticket. Mountain Rides is once again offering its Ride ’n’ Glide bus from Ketchum to northern trails and Galena Lodge for $19 this year. And kids, as always, ride free.
The BCRD maintains 160 kilometers—around 100 miles—of Nordic trails. This year, it’s grooming 14 kilometers of new south-valley trails in Quigley Canyon east of Hailey too. Though it collects property taxes, the district operates most of its Nordic program out of revenue generated from pass sales and donations; anyone interested in going above and beyond the price of a ticked should consider buying a tax-deductible gold or platinum pin for the 2020 season.
Here’s a look at the pass options:
- Adult BCRD Nordic season pass (18 and over): $215 before Nov. 25; $265 after.
- Adult BCRD/Sun Valley combo Nordic season pass: $399 before Nov. 25; $539 after.
- Youth BCRD Nordic and snowshoe pass: Free—contact BCRD to get the pass.
- Snowshoe season pass: $65
- BCRD dog season pass: $49
- Mountain Rides Ride ’n’ Glide season pass: $19
- 2020 BCRD Platinum Nordic pin: $250 (tax-deductible donation item.)
- 2020 BCRD Gold Nordic pin: $100 (tax-deductible donation item.)
For more information on passes and trails, or to purchase at the early-bird rate online, go to bcrd.org.