Fox News contributor Steve Yates speaks at the annual Blaine County Republican Picnic at River Sage Stables south of Bellevue on Saturday. Yates was deputy national security adviser to then-Vice President Dick Cheney from 2001 to 2005 and is now CEO of DC International Advisory, which, according to its website, analyzes “strategic risk and public policy in key regions worldwide.” He said Saturday that President Trump’s tariffs on Chinese goods are well timed to be effective, because China is experiencing a softening of its economy. Blaine County Republican Central Committee Chairman Michael Leach said the picnic was “very well attended,” by about 120 people.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Finding could expand Indians’ land claims
- Planned hotel faces opposition
- Juan Martinez and Sam Linnet seek Hailey City Council seats
- Ronald Geuin
- Sticker shock halts Hailey Elementary replacement
- County, court draft plan for DUIs
- Man sentenced to prison in felony battery case
- Hotel doesn’t fit site
- BCSD nixes Community Campus plan