Up a Creek is one of the great bands who will play at the Wicked Spud this summer to raise money for charities who serve the valley..
Express photo by Roland Lane
Music is a gift that just keeps on giving.
And the artists behind the music are just as generous, as proven by the years of concerts at the Wicked Spud in Hailey on Wednesdays through the summer.
Wicked Wednesday gets under way Wednesday, June 11, a week earlier than usual.
“We have a great lineup this year and great nonprofits to benefit,” says one organizer, Mitzi Mecham. “One great thing about this year is that Sherry Horton worked diligently to get Watkins Beer to sponsor us for our beer and will be donating 100 percent of the beer for the organization to sell, allowing the organization to benefit even more financially.”
The “Wicked” lineup will include the bands listed here as well as the charities they are playing for. Everything is subject to change. Shows will start at 6 p.m.
- June 11 is Hanger 17 for Meals on Wheels, which provides meals for seniors and shut-ins at no charge.
- June 18 is Mic for the Hailey Fire Department.
- June 25 is Paddy Wagon All Star Jam for Wood River Baseball.
- July 2 is Sofa Kings for Relay for Life, an all-night “track meet” to raise money for cancer prevention efforts and research.
- July 9 is Dog House for the Bellevue Public Library.
- July 16 is All Nite Diner for the Hunger Coalition, which helps feed students all summer long in addition to its other services.
- July 25 is Kim Stocking Band for Music n’ Me, where future “American Idol” stars start.
- July 30 is Johnny V. Project for the Sun Valley Ballet.
- Aug. 6 is Up a Creek for Wood River Volleyball.
- Aug. 13 is Lower Broadford Boys for Hailey Ice.
- Aug. 20 is Slow Children Playing for Girls on the Run, a self-esteem-raising club for girls.
- Aug. 27 is the Wicked Blowout, a seasons-end, all-star party.
For more information, contact Mecham at 720-3918 or Sherry Horton at 482-0398.