Firefighters responding to a garage fire in Woodside just before 7 a.m. Tuesday had to use chain saws to get through the doors and maneuver around mounds of personal items to put out the fire.
Hailey Fire Chief Craig Aberbach said the fire seemed to have smoldered for a while before the smoke became visible, and that it appears to have had an electrical cause.
The fire was confined to the attic of two units, which were jammed with personal belongings, Aberbach said, but no vehicles.
Help came from Wood River Fire & Rescue as well as the city of Bellevue. The scene was cleared from 851 Shenandoah by shortly after 10:30 a.m., and no injuries were reported nor damage estimates given.
“Even though there were three departments operating at the scene, we had great compatibility,” Aberbach said. “They acted as a single unit and we credit that to all the mutual training we’ve been doing.”