Wood River Fire & Rescue, with assistance from the Hailey Fire Department, Bellevue Fire Department, Carey Fire Department and Ketchum Fire Department, battled a fire in a single-family home Saturday at 10773 state Highway 75, about three miles south of Bellevue.
The fire departments were dispatched at 3:06 p.m. According to Wood River Chief Bart Lassman, fire personnel found the approximately 3,000-square-foot house engulfed in moderate to heavy smoke.
The fire appeared to have started in an area of the wall directly behind a gas fireplace and extended vertically into the attic and roof system,” a news release states. “The fire was brought under control in about 20 minutes, although firefighters stayed on the scene for another hour checking for possible fire extension into the basement and in the roof system.”
One occupant who was at home at the time of the fire escaped uninjured, Lassman said. One firefighter sustained a minor injury to his hand during the fire and was transported to St. Luke’s Wood River Medical Center for treatment. The owners of the residence are staying with other family members until repairs can be made to the structure.