BCRD Summer Youth Program/Day Camp
Now in its 19th year, the fun and affordable 12-week day camp for Blaine County youth is located at the Community Campus in Hailey. The Blaine County Recreation District and generous donors from the community have offered the program since 1995. The Neighborhood Adventure program provides activities to keep children busy from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. Hundreds of children participated in last year’s Day Camp. Unplug and play at this year’s BCRD Day Camp!
OPEN REGISTRATION FOR
DAY CAMP/FRIDAY FUN DAYS
Open registration started April 1, at the Recreation District offices located at the Community Campus in Hailey. Registration forms are available there weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and also online at www.bcrd.org. Financial assistance is available.
By enrolling for the “Full Summer” you save money. Not only do you get a cost break, but you’ll have the confidence that your child is being well cared for each day while enjoying a variety of positive activities and experiences in age-appropriate camper groups. Contact 578-2273.
“SPRING SAVINGS AND SOLUTIONS”
BCRD DAY CAMP OPEN HOUSE
On Wednesday, May 1 from 4-7 p.m. at the Community Campus, Hailey. Registration will continue during the month of May during business hours at FitWorks at the BCRD office.
SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAM/DAY CAMP
So, ready to “Unplug and Play?”
Offered for kids ages 5-11 are supervised sports, arts and creativity, drama and talent shows, archery, biking, cooking, nature hikes, basketball, kids garden area, soccer and field trips. It’s an active, recreation-based camp. Supervised by a camp director, the staff provides a supportive environment as the kids take advantage of all the Wood River Valley offers.
- Days—Mondays through Fridays.
- Dates—June 10 through Aug. 30.
- Eligibility—Boys and girls ages 5-11. You must have completed one year of kindergarten. Activities are divided into boys and girls ages 5-6 (Explorer Camp); ages 7-8 (Discovery Camp); and ages 9-11 (Challenger Camp).
- Weekly sessions—If you choose the weekly option, sessions include June 10-14, June 17-21, June 24-28, July 8-12, July 15-19, July 22-26, July 29-Aug. 2, Aug. 5-9, Aug. 12-16, Aug. 19-23 and Aug. 26-30.
- Monthly sessions—June 10-July 3; July 8-Aug. 2 and Aug. 5-30.
- Times—7:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. There are no half-day options.
- Optional field trips—Each Friday. Additional cost is $20.
- Location—Community Campus, Hailey.
- Sunrise Activities—Campers have the option of participating in special activities each morning. Tennis and bike skills are offered at the pump track, and morning Yoga. Sunrise activities have an additional charge. Punch cards are available.
- Buses to camp—Mountain Rides (788-RIDE) offers youth passes so kids can catch a bus to camp.
- Activities—In addition to the wide array of sports and crafts activities, there are specialty programs for $5 per class. Campers have an opportunity to swim twice a week. They are chaperoned to and from swim team and swim lessons. They can bike on park days and bike days.
- BCRD Drama Camp—The 4-week series directed by Hailey’s local theater veteran Nancy Harakay runs June 17-July 11—Mondays through Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. each day. It is designed for ages 6-11. There will be a performance July 12 at 2 p.m. Emphasized will be the fundamentals of acting, with the focus on creative movement, improvisation and acting games. There is an additional fee for participation. Fees are $100 per person for BCRD Day Campers, or $150 for the Drama Camp, only. There is limited space, so sign up early through the BCRD, 578-2273. Pre-registration is required.
- Simplified fee schedule—Weekly rate is $132.50 per child. Daily drop-in rate is $31.80, paid at the office. If you’re paying for a full month, the rate is $477 per child. If you’re paying for the entire summer, the discounted cost is $1,351.50. You can register for the full summer, by the month or on a week-to-week basis. Prices are the same as last year. All prices include tax. Discounted “additional child” rates are available for each payment choice.
- Financial aid—Help is available. A scholarship form must be completed and returned to BCRD for consideration. Scholarships are granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Lunch and necessities—Campers eat lunch from 11:30 a.m.-noon each day. They are responsible for bringing their own lunch and drink. Snacks can be bought in the afternoon. Parents, be sure to provide a water bottle, sunscreen, good shoes and a hat.
Flagging Comments: Flagging a comment tells a site administrator that a comment is inappropriate. You can find the flag option by pointing the mouse over the comment and clicking the 'Flag' link.
Flagging a comment is only counted once per person, and you won't need to do it multiple times.
Proper Flagging Guidelines: Every site has a different commenting policy - be sure to review the policy for this site before flagging comments. In general these types of comments should be flagged:
- Ones violating this site's commenting policy
- Clearly unrelated
- Personal attacks on others
Comments should not be flagged for:
- Disagreeing with the content
- Being in a dispute with the commenter