Besides its comprehensive academic programs in the summer, the Community School of Sun Valley is offering basketball, lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, chess and LEGO camps to improve your physical and mental agility—and to have some fun.
- 5B Boys’ Basketball Camps: Community School assistant boys’ basketball coach and former Cutthroat All-Conference hoops player Connor Wade is leading two camps focusing on player and basketball skills development. The camps for boys and girls in grades 6-8 and grades 9-12 are Monday through Thursday, June 10-13 from 1-4:30 p.m. in the Cutthroat gym with a cost of $150 ($145 for the middle school). Kids in grades 3-5 are invited to their own morning camp on the same dates in the Fish Tank gym, from 9 a.m.-12 noon. Cost is $130.
- 5B Lacrosse Camp: Former University of Denver Division 1 lacrosse player Tim Price is leading a fundamentals camp for boys in grades 6-9 on July 8-11, Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the school’s Sagewillow Farms facility. It is limited to the first 20 registrants, cost is $195. Players provide their own equipment: stick, gloves, helmet, mouthpiece, elbow and shoulder pads, cleats. They also bring a sack lunch each day.
- Youth soccer: The one.Soccer School for boys and girls ages 9-18 is coming to the Sagewillow Farms pitch Monday through Thursday, July 29-Aug. 1 from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Cost is $199, discounted to $119 if a young person attends the one.Soccer School the week before in Hailey. Organizers give each camper a full pro uniform kit, match quality ball and backpack plus 14 hours of professional instruction.
- Middle School Volleyball Camp: Girls entering grades 6-8 are invited to skill instruction directed by current Community School Middle School coaches Cara Frost and Sarah Higgins. Dates are Monday through Friday, July 15-19 from 9 a.m.-12 noon. Cost is $155.
- Chess and LEGO Camps: Former state and national chess champion Daniel Vellotti is offering for the second year his award-winning Chess/LEGO Camp, at the Community School campus. Mini-Camp is Monday and Tuesday, June 24-25. Full Camp is Monday through Thursday, July 22-25. Chess takes place in the morning, LEGO in the afternoon. Kids may register for half days or full days.
For more details visit communityschool.org.