2013 BCRD Swimming Programs
Offered by the Blaine County Recreation District at the county pool, Hailey. Contact 578-2273 or when the pool opens on Saturday, June 1, call 788-2144 (pool). Check the Rec District’s 2013 Spring and Summer Sports and Activities program guide, and visit bcrd.org for more details.
“SPRING SAVINGS AND SOLUTIONS”
Wednesday, May 1 from 4-7 p.m. at Community Campus. Learn about all of the BCRD’s summer programs. There will be pre-season savings on Aquatics Center season and monthly passes from May 1-June 2 this year. Save up to $30 on a season pass.
REGISTRATION FOR ALL AQUATIC PROGRAMS
AT THE POOL ITSELF
Begins Tuesday, May 28, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Aquatic Center. No registrations accepted before May 28. The pool’s grand opening is Saturday, June 1, which is free swim day. There will be no classes Thursday, July 4.
SCHOOL’S OUT PARTY!
Friday, June 7, free admission for students from 1-5:30 p.m.
AQUATIC CENTER DETAILS
- Open—Daily June 1 through Aug. 31. The facility has a main heated pool, 25-yard, 6 lanes. Also a 15-by-25-foot wading pool heated to 85 degrees.
- Aquatics director—Cameron King is in her seventh season, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Daily fees—General admission is $5 adults 18-to-64 (sales tax included), $4 seniors 65 and up and youth 17-and-under, $15 family. Infants up to 1 year old are free. Non-swimmers get in for $2.
- Season passes—Purchase your season pass between May 1 and June 2 and save up to $29. Pre-season discount rates (6% sales tax not included) are $154 family, $80 adult 18-and-older, $66 children 17-and-under, and $66 senior 65 and over. The regular season pass rates after June 2 (6% sales tax not included) are $183 family, $94 adult 18-and-older, $78 children 17-and-under, and $78 senior 65 and over.
- Monthly passes—Are also available. Check with the pool.
FAMILY LAP SWIM
- Dates, days—June through August; on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Times—6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Ages—Children under 14 accompanied by an adult.
- Cost—$4 youth, $5 adults, or included in season or monthly passes.
Both pools open for all to splash, play and relax.
- Dates—June 1 through Aug. 31.
- Days, times—Mondays through Fridays from 1:15-5:20 p.m.; plus Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 6:30-8 p.m. Also Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 5 p.m.
WOOD RIVER DOLPHINS SWIM TEAM
A competitive recreation summer swimming league based at Blaine County Aquatic Center. To participate, children must be able to swim, unassisted, for one length of the 25-yard pool.
- Dates, days—June 10 through July 25; Mondays through Thursdays, plus 6 swim meets on Saturdays at 9 a.m. at various out-of-town locations capped by the Sagebrush League Championships Saturday, July 27.
- Eligibility—Ages 5-18 (must be able to swim a length of the pool).
- Pre-season workouts—Monday through Thursday, June 3-6; workouts are 3:30-4:30 p.m. for ages 5-10, and 4:30-5:30 p.m. for 11 and up.
- Regular-season workouts (starting June 10)—7:30-8:30 a.m. for ages 11-and-up, and 8:30-9:30 a.m. for ages 10-and-under.
- Fee—$175.30 (includes sales tax) covers all training/coaching, swim meet entries and cap—full payment by July 9. For $238.90, you get the training, cap and swim meet entries plus a season pass to the Aquatic Center. Fees don’t include the optional team suit that can be purchased. Scholarships are available.
Five two-week sessions at the Aquatic Center.
- Days—Mondays through Thursdays.
- Sessions—No. 1 session June 10-20; No. 2 session June 24-July 3 (the first week of this session is Monday through Friday, June 24-29 because of the Independence Day holiday); No. 3 session July 8-18; No. 4 July 22-Aug. 1; and No. 5 session Aug. 5-15. The two-week sessions include 30-minute lessons.
- Eligibility—Boys and girls 6 months to 12 years.
- Times—Classes at 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Every effort is made to reschedule classes canceled due to bad weather.
- Class levels—From “Mommy, Daddy and Me,” (6 months to 3 years) and Guppies (age 3 only) to Aquatot 4-5 and Aquatot 4-7 (non-swimmers); Pre-Beginner 9 and under, and Beginner ages 5-12. Children placed based on ages and ability.
- Teachers—All swim school teachers have been trained in current teaching techniques. Teacher/student ratios are kept low for group lessons, about 1-to-4, so your child receives the attention he or she deserves.
- Fee—$42 per session, first-come, first-served. Registration starts Tuesday, May 28, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Aquatic Center.
- Atkinson Family Scholarships—Ask for information and applications.
- Private and semi-private lessons—Designed for beginners wishing to improve their skills are also available Mondays through Fridays, for all ages. Check with the pool for those rates.
Flagging Comments: Flagging a comment tells a site administrator that a comment is inappropriate. You can find the flag option by pointing the mouse over the comment and clicking the 'Flag' link.
Flagging a comment is only counted once per person, and you won't need to do it multiple times.
Proper Flagging Guidelines: Every site has a different commenting policy - be sure to review the policy for this site before flagging comments. In general these types of comments should be flagged:
- Ones violating this site's commenting policy
- Clearly unrelated
- Personal attacks on others
Comments should not be flagged for:
- Disagreeing with the content
- Being in a dispute with the commenter