|Wood River senior Chris Car-nes, pinning Burley’s Chris Liggett in just 19 seconds Jan. 22 in Hailey, recorded a 5:07 pin over Twin Falls wrestler Keegan Luker Wednesday night on the Hailey mat.
Express photo by Roland Lane
Wood River High School’s 152-, 160- and 170-pound wrestlers polished off their Twin Falls opponents in a flash Wednesday night during a Great Basin Conference dual meet on the Hailey mat.
Senior Tommy Bailey and junior Kyle Clark whipped off back-to-back 50-second pins over Bruins’ Kevin Lovell and Spencer Geilman, then senior Storm Anderson needed only 1:09 to pin Dakota Miller and even up the team score 27-27.
But Twin Falls took advantage of a little sickness running through the host Wolverine team and escaped with a 45-33 dual meet victory as both teams moved along in their pursuit of seeding in the GBC district tournament Feb. 13 at Canyon Ridge High School, Twin Falls.
Wood River senior Chris Carnes added a 5:07 pin over Keegan Luker of Twin Falls in a 285-pound match that was scoreless entering the third period. Carnes escaped, got a takedown and made sure of the victory with a fast-moving pin.
Other Wood River wins against Twin came from freshman 113-pounder Ryan Anderson by a 3-0 decision and junior 120-pounder Kaleb Guisasola with a 3:44 pin. In two exhibition matches, Ryan Anderson and senior Tim Boyle each posted Hailey pins.
Not wrestling for Wood River were two of its best matmen, senior Thomas Heiden and junior Cooper Bailey.
In another dual of the triangular meet, Wood River scored eight forfeits and added two pins in downing Valley of Hazelton 60-18. Senior Jared Anderson at 132 and junior Jake Halopoff at 145 stuck first-round pins for the home team.
Results from Wednesday:
Twin Falls 45, WRHS 33
· 98 pounds—Hayden Cowden (TF) pin 2:37 Colby Castle (WR freshman).
· 106—Double forfeit.
· 113—Ryan Anderson (WR freshman) decision 3-0 over Omar Laris (TF).
· 120—Kaleb Guisasola (WR junior) pin 3:44 Markel Page (TF).
· 126—Benjamin Lauda (TF) decision 7-3 over Tim Boyle (WR senior).
· 132—Isaac Laris (TF) pin 3:54 Riley Beck (WR junior).
· 138—Tyler Lookingbill (TF) pin 3:12 Jared Anderson (WR senior).
· 145—Ryan Alton (TF) pin 2:53 Jake Halopoff (WR junior).
· 152—Tommy Bailey (WR senior) pin 0:50 Kevin Lovell (TF).
· 160—Kyle Clark (WR junior) pin 0:50 Spencer Geilman (TF).
· 170—Storm Anderson (WR senior) pin 1:09 Dakota Miller (TF).
· 182—Chance Connell (TF) pin 1:40 Josh King (WR).
· 195—Landon Hatch (TF) pin 1:56 Jackson Toothman (WR sophomore).
· 220—Dallin Hatch (TF) won by forfeit.
· 285—Chris Carnes (WR senior) pin 5:07 Keegan Luker (TF).
WRHS 60, Valley 18
· 98 pounds—Colby Castle (WR freshman) won by forfeit.
· 106—Double forfeit.
· 113—Ryan Anderson (WR freshman) won by forfeit.
· 120—Vladi Garcia (Valley) pin 2:51 Kaleb Guisasola (WR junior).
· 126—Tim Boyle (WR senior) won by forfeit.
· 132—Jared Anderson (WR senior) pin 0:36 John Holland (Valley).
· 138—Brad Gerratt (Valley) pin 0:53 Dillon Bunce (WR junior).
· 145—Jake Halopoff (WR junior) pin 0:24 Tanner Hall (Valley).
· 152—Tommy Bailey (WR senior) won by forfeit.
· 160—Kyle Clark (WR junior) won by forfeit.
· 170—Storm Anderson (WR senior) won by forfeit.
· 182—Anthony Benavidez (Valley) won by forfeit.
· 195—Josh King (WR) won by forfeit.
· 220—Double forfeit.
· 285—Chris Carnes (WR senior) won by forfeit.